torstai 4. lokakuuta 2012

5.10.2012

    Hello!




I have been staying in Floraville for the past week now.  I really like the place, its clean, close to tiger, has a decent restaurant and its quite well priced. They even change sheets, towls and clean your villa EVERY day. At Cocoville its happened once a week. I have used the restaurant at Floraville quite a lot. I eat porridge with honey and banana, fruit salad and tea/coffee every morning here. Its called Healthy breakfast and it costs 100bht = 2.5e.



Last week I did a lot of jujitsu and felt really progressin skillwise. This monday there were many new people in the bjj session. First time I get to try my skills on people with no bjj experience. One dude from Sidney (some of my friends said, that he looks like Thor from the movie and he weight like 90- 100kg) had no experience and I got to roll with him. Even though he had like 20kg+ on me, I 
managed to completely dominate him. I had him in probably 5 different submissions before our 
sparring round ended. Did well against everyother opponent I roll with also. Even the warm up clinch work, in which I have been struggling, I did really well this time. 



So as I felt really good in jujitsu at the gym it was a whole another story... My elbows and triceps have been hurting for many weeks. It doesnt normally hurt when doing bjj but tuesday morning at the gym, again it hurt like hell after I did pullups. After using google and asking friends for advice, I
came to an conclusion that, I might have the so called Tennis elbow. It hasnt healed and could really 
turn nasty if I just ignore it. So after Tuesday gym, I have been resting my arms, using icepacks and doing spesific stretches that, might help them to heal. So 6days of rest for my arms. Next week's 
monday doing jujitsu again and going to start slowly on the pullups, push ups and stuff. Going to do a lot of running meanwhile, abs and some lower back moves. It sucks so bad, when you make so much progression here and you have to rest. This is one of those places where it is really benefical to have 
routines.






Saturday we went to the beach with some friends from the tiger. There were 4 of us and we had 2 scooters. I managed to stay on back of the scooter for the trip, that went over mountains and some reaaally steep hills. The views were amazing, breathtaking and straight from a postcard or something. Traffic was what I expected, really scary. It takes a while to get used to it. On the first steep hills, I basically held on for all of my strenght and just kept thinking about my girlfriend back home. On those hills maany people have died and still do. At the beach it was sunny and the waves were huge. Felt great to go against the big waves and just flout around. Water was also really warm. Two of the four of us, had their first mma matches later on the same evening, so we were a bit exited about that.

Later at the same evening Tiger Muay Thai hosted monthly BBQ beatdown party, with many Muay Thai matches and 2 MMA matches. My friends from England and Iceland had fights. Also included on the bbq entrance fee, was all you can eat buffet and free beer. Matches were amazing! Night started with Muay Thai matches and ended with my friends matches. The feeling when your friend, whom with you hang out and train is fighting was crazy. We screamed from the audience for our friends and I filmed the other guys match for him, with his videocamera. Semi from Iceland won his match but Zach from England lost his really close and though match.
 After the matches our posse which consisted of 9 guys went to a bar and later in the evening to a nightclub. Me and Kyle from Canada ended up walking from the nightclub, because we wanted to save on the tax fee and get a cheaper tax further away... We walked probably like an hour, no taxis in sight. We asked from 3 7/11 shops do they know taxi number or can they call one for us. But no.. Finally some random British expat drove next to us, as we were walking on the side of the road. He had a old scooter and a sidewagon made out of wood.. So we hopped on the sidewagon. He gave us a ride to Kyles place, where I ended up sleeping the night. In the morning I took a taxiscooter to
Floraville. Heh quite a night... 

So that was my week... Now going to rest for the weekend and hopefully can continue bjj in monday.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti