tiistai 4. syyskuuta 2012

The day after

Hi again!

I had my first Muay Thai training session yesterday. It lasted about 2 hours and 45 minutes. It consisted of warmup, stretching, then following technique, sparring, pad work and fitness excercises. The session was brutal to say at least. I probably lost like 1000-2000kalories and couple of kilos in that. 

   The warm up was hard but mainly because it wast my first session in this weather, temperature was like +30 celcius, eventhough it was morning. Some people were throwing up middle of training and some had to keep pauses a lot, some were only doing part of the training, like technique. There were about 25 students and 5-7 teachers. Students were from 20 different countries, talk about meeting different cultures. 

    We did a lot of push ups through the training, which I liked, one thing I managed to do quite easy. Pad work with the coach was best part of the training. He gave good instructions and they were supportive. Sparring sucked, though. It was my first time doing Muay Thai in a long time, so wasnt feeling too confident. I did good against two dudes but the last one from Australia, did take it a bit too hard on me. Couple of good shots to my stomach and I gasped for air. I told him to take ot easy but I quess he didnt know the meaning. 

   We also did a lot of bag work and shadow boxing. In the end, when everybody was exausted, head coach ordered us to do 300 sit ups.. When doing them, coaches hit our abs, which was bruutal but I still liked it. One dude from Florida was ordered to come in front of everybody. Headcoach then told us, that he was slacking and needed to be punished. One hard hit with a bambustick to the lowerback later, everybody suddenly got more energy to do knee strikes to the bags. One Spanish dude also got 
some "special" attention, because he didint speak or understand good enough english from the headcoach...

Morning after, when I woke up, my back was suprisingly the only place which was hurting. After I 
did my first Muay Thai training session in Finland 5 years ago, every muscle in my body was screaming for a week. Thank god, I came in at decent shape at least. Today I swam 600m at the pool 
and did a lot of stretching. Tomorrow again Muay Thai! I also bought new Top King 16oz gloves, which cost half the amount compared to Finland. Also bought sweet Hayabusa rashguard for no gi bjj. Some pics of great and cheap food at the end!



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti